Independence Day in Evesham - 2020 Pandemic Edition



I've spent the past few Independence Days getting up early and going down to Main Street.  No, I wasn't doing the 5K (have you met me??).  I just went to be a part of the town celebration, to witness the magic that is the bike parade, cheer on the 5K participants and watch the parade.  (Its actually probably a good thing that there is no 5K this year, as no one has been to a gym in months!)

So despite all the events being cancelled this year, I took a trip to Main Street anyway.  And while there may not be a lot to write about, I figured I'd take a few pictures anyway.

I arrived a little after 6, and parking was a breeze!  Sadly Nene's was closed this year, so I was unable to get my morning coffee.


The streets were eerily quiet.  I guess maybe not 'eerily', it was only 6:30 AM.   Just like in previous years, I was able to walk down the middle of the street.  From this vantage point, you would normally see the race start/end point.


The fire station was quiet as well.  Normally this building is abuzz with activity, runners checking in and getting their number, making the final trip to the bathroom (a row of Port-O-Johns were behind the fire station).


The Marlton Greene shopping center was empty too.  The lot would ordinarily be filled with bands, floats and organizations preparing for the parade.  It was quiet this morning, the only vehicle in the lot was the Ragazzi's van.



It was nice to see that despite the lack of festivities this year, the street was lined with American flags and yellow ribbons.


And this guy was the only one out to watch the parade this morning, perched alot a telephone pole with a perfect view of Main Street.  I tried to tell him the parade was cancelled, but he just yelled at me.


I ended the morning festivities the same way I did last year, a bagel sandwich from Moore's.


Hopefully I'll see all of you next year on the 4th.  Until then, here are a couple links to my photos from previous years parades.  Have a happy and safe celebration today!

11th Annual Mayors Cup - 7/4/2018
Independence Day Parade - 7/4/2018
Independence Day 7/4/2019



Like my Facebook Page to get the latest posts - A View From Evesham.  You can email me at MarltonNeil@yahoo.com.